Makes 36 single 18 pairs
1 cup S R Flour
1/2 cup cornflour
1/3 cup icing sugar
125 gm butter
- Turn oven on. Set to 180 degrees C. Cream butter and icing sugar, work in flours to make a stiff dough.
- Roll into balls (about the size of a walnut), place on oven tray. Using a fork flatten each ball a little.
- Bake until light fawn colour 15 – 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Join together to make yo-yos with melted butter icing.
- Sieve 2/3 cup icing sugar.
- Melt 1 tablespoon (60 gm) butter in 1 tablespoon (1/8 cup) hot water.
Note this recipe can be made without wheat flour. Use 1 1/2 cups cornflour and 2 level teaspoons of baking powder, with butter and icing. Dairy free margarine can replace butter where dairy is suspect.