- Breakey J Study of diet and hyperactivity ICD Post Congress Paediatric Seminar
- Breakey J Hyperkinesis and its implications for the food industry. AIFST Annual Convention Brisbane
- Breakey J A manual for the additive free low salicylate diet. Brisbane
- Breakey J Dietary management of hyperkinesis and behavioural problems. Aust Family Physician 1978;7:720 4
- Breakey J Food and behaviour. Presentation to the Nutrition Society of Australia, Brisbane
From 1979 to 1984
- Joan was the Adviser in Nutrition and Dietetics to Department of Health, Queensland.
From 1984 to 1994
- Joan provided part time dietetic services to the Community Child Psychiatry Clinics in Queensland Health, and conducted clinical research with over 1000 families.
- Breakey J Manual for the additive free low salicylate diet, updated. Brisbane.
- Breakey J Is the diet right yet? Qld Allergy and Hyperactivity Assn and Qld Department of Health Conference.
- Breakey J, Hill M, Reilly C, Connell H A report on a trial of the low additive, low salicylate diet in the treatment of behaviour and learning problems in children. Australian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics 1991;48:3 89-94.
- Breakey J Diet and hyperactivity – a review of the literature.
- Breakey J, Connell HM, Lake R. Investigation of diet and hyperactivity in 112 families.
- Breakey J, Reilly C. Diet and hyperactivity – is the diet right yet?
XV International Congress of Nutrition. Adelaide 1993
- Breakey J A report on the use of a low additive and amine, low salicylate diet in the treatment of behaviour, hyperactivity, and learning problems in children. M App Sc Thesis, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, 1994.
- Breakey J Diet expansion and food acceptance in infancy is a developmental process. Presentation at Dietitians Association of Australia ASM Brisbane.
- Breakey J Review article “The role of diet and behaviour in childhood” Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 1997: Vol 33 No 3 190-194.
- Breakey J, Breakey C. Diet investigation in Obsessive difficult temperament syndrome. Letter to J Am Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry 36:8 August 1997.
- Breakey J One man’s meat is another man’s poison – an old idea to consider? Presentation at Dietitians Association of Australia ASM Sydney.
- Breakey J Consumer demands and information for a new food supply: Information needs of food sensitive people. NSA Conference.
- Breakey J Are you food sensitive? How to investigate your own diet. 1998 CE Breakey (Medical) Pty Ltd. Brisbane Australia
- Breakey J The role of additives in behaviour, attention deficit disorder and allergic-type symptoms. Presentations at the Eating into the Future Conference Adelaide
- Breakey J The role of diet in behaviour – the position in 1999. Presentation at the 2nd South-West Pacific Nutrition & Dietetic Conference, Auckland NZ
- Breakey J Connell HM, Reilly C. The role of food additives and chemicals in behavioural, learning, activity and sleep problems in children. in “Food Additives” (eds.) Branen AR, Davidson PM, Salminen S, 2000 New York: Marcel Dekker.
- Breakey J The role of diet in mood. Institute of Australasian Psychiatrists Conference
- Breakey J Biogenic amines in food an update from research and practice DAA Qld Conference Brisbane
- Breakey J Dietary Investigation of suspected Food Sensitivity Dietitians Manual 2000
- Breakey J, Fergusson K. Food tolerance in infants who responded to dietary investigation of suspected food sensitivity. Presented at DAA conference
- Breakey J Food – What’s smell go to do with it? If bitterness is a warning via taste, is flavour a warning via smell? Institute of Australasian Psychiatrists Conference
- Breakey J Diet and ADHD the position in 2001 Children’s Hospital Education Research Institute Conference Sydney
- Breakey J The role of diet in behaviour, learning, ADHD, mood, sleep, and allergic-type symptoms in children for teachers
- Breakey J Allergy and Food Sensitivity in Babies at Clinical Skills Workshop Adelaide.
- Breakey J Is food intolerance and inborn error of metabolism? Nutrition Society of Australia conference.
- Breakey J The Role Of Diet In Behaviour, Attention and Mood Australian Association of Psychologists in Private practice.
- Breakey J Development of thinking in food chemical intolerance from Feingold to the Future DAA Workshop on allergy and intolerance.
- Breakey J Genes, Environment and Bioactive Food Components DAA Conference.
- Breakey J Present Knowledge on the role of Diet in Behaviour in children with ADHD Grand Round Presentation RCH Brisbane.
- Breakey J The Easy Elimination Diet Edited with Qld Department of Health staff for NEMO.
- Breakey J Submission on the Current position on Diet and ADHD to the Royal Australian College of Physicians.
- Breakey J Diet and ADHD From complex research to complex practice DAA conference.
- Breakey J Comment on the Guidelines on IBS from a clinical practice point of view.
- Breakey J Supersensitivity in Food Sensitive People in “Sensitivity and Childhood Trauma” William Wilkie Ed 2009 The Amanda Flynn Charity Pty Ltd 246 Arthur St Newstead QLD
- Breakey J Why after 30 years is diet and ADHD still controversial? DAA Conference.
- Breakey J Introduction of solids to babies with reflux. In Reflux Realities: A guide for families. Available July 2010.
- Publication of Fussy Baby. Practical advice on introduction of solids, eating development, food sensitivity and supersensitivity.
- Invited presentation to a Workshop at the DAA conference. Topic – Infant feeding – allergies, intolerances and the evidence, hardly ever black and white.
- Presentation at the Symposium on Dietetic Research in Adverse Food Reactions at the ICD – The current research needs for the diet component of diet and ADHD.
- Poster presentation at ICD – Diet and Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Need for leadership, evidence and advanced practice.